Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: More Then Just a Quarter to this Baby Loss Mother

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 15, 2010

More Then Just a Quarter to this Baby Loss Mother

Pregnancy and Infant Loss LogoToday is "Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day".

Lots of people have lost a child, however, when you're going through the loss yourself, it seems like you're the only one in the entire world..

People don't talk about it very much.

I get it. No one wants to talk about dead babies.

This is my life.

The good news, I have been in contact with a lot of really great women who have been supporting me through this lifelong journey. Unfortunately, they can support me because they too have lost a child.

Today I want to share with you the story about a woman that gave me a quarter.

But not just any quarter.

The day after Alexander passed away, we made our daily trip into the hospital to visit Max and Artemis.

Even after losing a child, life just continues on. So unfair.

While Ed was parking the car, I took my travel mug inside to get hot water for my tea. Something that I do every morning.

Usually, I go up to the cashier, tell her that I just got hot water and go on my merry way.

But not today.

Today there was a new girl.

She told me that my hot water would cost me 25 cents.

I didn't have a problem with the fact that she wanted to charge me. I mean, they did have to pay for electricity to heat the water. The problem was that Ed had my wallet.

I didn't even have 25 cents to my name.

In a daze, I told her that I would have to dump out my water.

I felt beat down.

It wasn't just a quarter.

It was a sign of the state of my life.

I couldn't catch a break, nothing was going right.

Nothing.

Then, the faceless woman behind me reached into her purse and put a quarter in the cashiers hand.

"I'll pay for it" she said.

I was moved to tears.

There was no way for this woman to know the affect that her generous gift had made on my life.

Forever.

I'm not sure if she knew that her quarter was "not just a quarter" to me.

The moral of the story...

Be kind. You never know if the person you gave a quarter to is mourning the loss of a child.

Has Anyone "Given You a Quarter"?

Share this with your Friends.

Email Subscribe Logo Don't Miss a Post! It's as easy as selecting the Get Journeys of The Zoo delivered by email button.


Journeys of The Zoo  Besos, The Zoo

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! I love this post, it is so true. Can't wait to visit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time reading this post. Powerful stuff. You are right, you never know another person's story or situation, so be kind. Always. Thanks for the reminder. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this post before - but it brought tears to my eyes. You are so right - sometimes it's just a whole lot more

    ReplyDelete