Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: James Bond 007 Marathon, #17 GoldenEye

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 21, 2011

James Bond 007 Marathon, #17 GoldenEye

So far my favourite ending is "On Her Majesty’s Secret Service" (I know, it's also the movie that I liked the least), followed closely by tonight's movie #17, "GoldenEye" (1995), Pierce Brosnan’s first time as Bond as well as a first for Judi Dench (as "M", Aunt Sally will be happy).

The beginning of this movie is Ed's favourite so far. The theme song "GoldenEye" (By Tina Turner) is my favourite, it's catchy and very James Bond-ey. The female lead was great and so was James American sidekick. He reminded me of an American character that played out in two previous Bond films. Unfortunately, the script was inconsistent and fragmented. The Aston Martin was replaced with a BMW that did nothing (except move forward) and the gadgets just weren’t up to par. Ed and I have both seen this movie before, several times.

Ed gave it a "7" rating and I gave it an "8". It was good just not amazing.
Up next #18, "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997).

Journeys of The Zoo  Besos, The Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment