Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: The Mullet and James Bond 007 Marathon #10

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Mullet and James Bond 007 Marathon #10

For the past few months, people (family and friends) have been asking me "When I'm going to cut Max's hair". One even ventured to ask "What's up with Max's Mullet".

First off, while he has a lot of hair on the top and back of his head, it's pretty sparse/non-existant elsewhere. Secondly, his "laissez-faire" do is the latest rage. Finally, it keeps him warm in the winter. In turn, I'm waiting for the rest of it to grow in, the mullet to fall out of style and spring to come.

In December 1976, Andrew and I had our annual Christmas pictures taken. In the picture, you can see Andrew sporting his own "unique" hairstyle. When I asked my mother "how she could do that to her child", she replied, "We thought he looked cute".
Worked for her.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday Andrew.

For the past few days, the kids have been feeding themselves with spoon and forks. Here they are eating homemade applesauce.


Both kids enjoy putting "Doll" into the highchair and giving it a bottle. In reality, they just want to suck on the fake bottle themselves.


I doubt that these pictures need an explanation.



Tonight we watched #10 "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977).


It was slightly painful to have to watch this movie again (because I knew the ending) but it was better than I thought. There was at least one reference to a previous movie (On Her Majesty's Secret Service). It's fun being able to understand the references. We didn't notice any continuity errors. I absolutely loved the theme song by Carly Simon, "Nobody Does It Better". There were several gadgets (related to a car) but no small ones (like a watch that doubles as a gun). Overall, it was a really well done movie, however, for me, it lacked the "smart" and "funny" factors.

Ed rated it a "7" as did I.

We initially thought that we would have to pause our Marathon until Nanna arrives (Thanksgiving Monday), as we're missing many movies (up until Brosnan), however, Poppa will be coming for a visit on Monday so he will bring up Andrew's DVD collection AND a DVD player. So, we have one night off (tomorrow, Sunday night) and then we're back at it. We can't wait.

Journeys of The Zoo  Besos, The Zoo

2 comments:

  1. Everybody asks if I've cut the girls' hair yet. Are you effing kidding me. We'd just be back to the Jew-fro stage. Gabrielle's is actually quite long if we pull it straight, and it's just recently gotten long enough that it looks good most of the time - for awhile she was sporting a curly mullet, and then she had a lot of Sideshow Bob (from The Simpsons) days.

    I also have a lot of leftover 2-oz bottles from the NICU, and recently gave a few to Gabrielle for her baby. I just find her sucking on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, you failed to mention why your own hair cut is so short while your brother's is rather long.......and that would be because I gave you a very stylish 1977 short-do......you are welcome! ;)
    Hope all is well, at The Zoo! xxoo Cindy

    ReplyDelete