Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: Second Peek Maternity & Undercover Mama Review

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Second Peek Maternity & Undercover Mama Review

Second Peek Maternity Logo When my friend Sarah learned of my second pregnancy, she so graciously bestowed upon me a gift certificate to Second Peek Maternity Boutique.


Excited to get something new for this time around (I'm even more frugal than Sarah), I immediately went to check out their website. I was impressed by the wide range of products (over 20 categories), for pregnancy and beyond.

First, I perused the "Pre-Loved Maternity" clothes to see what was available. I was pleased to see that there was a good range of options in all sizes. Even better was that each item was photographed on a mannequin, which allowed me to see how the item would drape on a pregnant form. In addition to maternity clothing, the boutique carries a wide assortment of mom-invented gear (how cool is that?!) for babies, kids, and moms. All the prices were clearly marked and in CAN$.

After much difficult decision making, I decided on the "Undercover Mama Nursing Tank". I ordered a medium in a practical black (it came in Black, Brown and White). The site recommends ordering a size smaller than your normal size, which I did, and I'm happy to report that the medium fits!

Undercover Mama Nursing Tank I got out my stash of nursing bras to prove the theory that it will attach to any nursing bra. The tank has two methods with which to attach and I had no trouble hooking it up to the different styles of bras I have. It was a cinch! I suggest you do what I did and view a video of how to use the tank on Second Peek Maternity Boutique's website.

The package was sent expedited service and it only took a few days to arrive. Seeing as I was paying for shipping, I would have liked to see two shipping options; expedited and regular ground mail. For me, time is not of the essense as I'm not due for another six months.

I am so pleased to have this product because I don't relish the opportunity to have my belly hang out while nursing in public, especially in Ontario in February! For the many reasons that I am ready to have the baby (the excitement, an end to the nausea, the visits from family), I can now add nursing in public to that list. Thanks to Undercover Mama and Second Peek Maternity Boutique, I am...

Ready for Baby at Second Peek!

Rene is a regular Contributor at Journeys of The Zoo and received a copy of this product that enabled her to complete this unsolicited review.

Journeys of The Zoo  Besos, The Zoo

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Will keep them in mind! Glad you are ready for your blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Angela, the owner of Second Peek Maternity. I want to thank you for the great review of both our online boutique and the products we offer. The Undercover Mama is a fabulous nursing accessory and wish that I had known about them when I was nursing. They have fantastic customer service.

    Thank you Rene for the feedback regarding shipping. A couple of weeks ago we did implement a new shipping option for our valued customers ~ Uninsured Lettermail. This allows us to ship items that are flat and light at a much reduced price. The Undercover Mamas do qualify for this lettermail option if they are shipped out of the package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela - what great news about the additional shipping option. I'm sure your customers new and old will love having the choice!

      Delete
  4. Great review! WOW thanks for sharing! this mama is done :( wish I heard of this years ago!

    Sarah hope your having a great holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the review! Too bad they didn't have another option for shipping for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denise - It looks like they have added another shipping option of Uninsured Lettermail where possible.
      Great news!

      Delete
  6. The Undercover Mamas look amazing! Dressing for out and about with a nursing baby can be a little frustrating at times, but this seems like the perfect answer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cool! Thanks for sharing! I've never heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete