Normally birthdays don't phase me much (although 30 was pretty tough) but this year, I realize that I look my age... If I'm lucky.
Wow Mom, You Look Old! P.S. Happy Birthday
I'm not a materialistic person. I'd give away most everything that I have. And did just that in 2005.
However, over the years, I've created an unwritten "Birthday Bucket List". I mean some things money just can't buy (See #11). So, in case you think I'm hard to shop for, I've made it really easy for you.
My Birthday Bucket List...
- Sleep in. All.day.long.
- Eat 1lb of bacon for breakfast.
- Go out for lunch.
- Eat an entire bag of my favourite "Terra Chips" Original Flavor Only
- Not have to share #4. Or anything for that matter
- Have the dishes wash themselves.
- Eat a chocolate cake (from the box) with chocolate frosting (from a can).
- Go out for dinner.
- Spend the day with my Family, preferably including a long walk (weather permitting).
- Have nice weather.
- Look (at least) one year younger than I am.
It's not like I ask for too much. Okay, #6 is pretty unrealistic.
Thankfully, this year my family succeeded in giving me almost everything on my list.
Did I mention that I look old...